Free School Meals Information
Universal Infant Free School Meals for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 Children
All pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools in England will be eligible for free meals.
Free School Meals
Children who attend a Somerset County Council school, whose parents or carers receive certain benefits may be entitled to free school meals.
Only the benefits listed here – and no other benefits – qualify you for free school meals for your children.
These are the benefits.
- Universal Credit with an annual household income of less than £7,400 after tax
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income related) – not Contribution related
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA) – not Contribution based
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) of less than £16,190, as long as the family is not also in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
If you have recently become unemployed, but are still receiving Working Tax Credits, you may be entitled to free school meals.