Friends of Beckington School (FoBS) - Parent Staff Association is a dynamic and vital group with an enthusiastic team of parents and staff, led by
Chair - Emma Burton / Nicky Wenlock
Secretary – Emma Hurst
Treasurer – Jo Gray
Our FoBS meets one evening every half-term to plan and organise fundraising activities, and sometimes holds daytime mini-meetings in between to discuss arrangements for specific events.
A new facebook page has been set up for PSA Events and Fundraising. The page is called:
Beckington C o E First School PSA
Recently, we have:
- sold cakes and treats after school;
- arranged end of term discos for the children;
- joint set up and run the Beckington Village Fate
As well as raising money for the school, these are fantastic opportunities for the children, the grown-ups or all the family to enjoy time together socially.
All profits from these events and other fundraising activities go directly to the PSA, which is a registered charity (number 1124071). The PSA then decides how money will be spent, with all of it going to provide the best opportunities and learning experiences we can for our children.
Already this academic year, we’ve managed to raise more than £2000! An incredible effort! This money will
- pay for coaches and contribute to school trips, as well as class trips
- buy resources for each class, for example new tables and chair in Owl class
- complete any projects in the garden